Master Study Skills for School Learners
This course is applicable for ALL school learners (Grade 4 -12).
The course helps you understand how your brain works, assesses your preferred learning style, and teaches different study techniques. The course helps improve comprehension, summarising and memory/recall. If you are finding it difficult to study or if you just want to improve your study tool skill set, this course is for you. We have included a really helpful workbook where you can practice what you have learnt. We suggest you print the workbook before you start.
What you’ll learn
- Understand and use different study techniques to improve test/exam results
- Make better study notes that they will remember
- Improve comprehension and summarising
- Use whole brain thinking
- Set goals and improve time management in tests/exams
- Answer test questions properly
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A positive attitude to learning
Who this course is for:
- All school learners (Grade 4 – 12)
- Learners who want to improve their test/exam results
- Learners who are feeling overwhelmed by the idea of studying and would like to gain some confidence and independence when it comes to studying for your tests and exams
- Parents who would really like to know how you can help your child
Figuring out your individual brain
Remembering and Forgetting
Read to Succeed
How do you know what`s important?
Making good study notes
Time management - fitting it all in
Test taking tips
Healthy habits for happy students
This is a brand new online course!
Nikki has however been teaching this course to school learners for over a decade. It is now accessible to so many more learners. The feedback from the course has always been extremely positive and in some cases really changed the way learners approach their studying.
Parents can also be assured that study skills can be learnt and these tools will help learners engage both sides of their brains, understand the bigger picture of each topic they study, manage test/exam planning and anxiety and have fun with colourful notes and mind maps.